Am I eligible to join the Scheme?
You can apply to join the Motability Scheme if you receive one of these disability allowances:
- Higher rate mobility part of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher rate mobility part of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced rate mobility part of Adult Disability Payment (Scotland)
- Higher rate mobility component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
You need to have at least 12 months left on your allowance when you apply. If you have less, you'll need to wait until your allowance provider renews your allowance.
If you're 65 or over, you can apply as long as you already receive one of the above allowances and it has at least 12 months left.
You cannot apply to join the Scheme if you receive a lower rate or component of mobility allowance, or Attendance Allowance.
See below for some of our most commonly asked questions. If your query isn't covered, please contact us.